Wednesday, August 24, 2005

On a Lighter Note

I just found this Salon.com photo essay, Iraq: The Unseen War.

It's an apt title considering the Bush administration's refusal to allow press to photograph killed soldiers returning from war and has made attempts to censor information about the conflict.


The Editor's Note is appropriately cautionary in saying, The following photo gallery contains graphic and shocking images of death and devastation in Iraq.
I encourage everyone to look at these images but warn you they are truly graphic.




1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Abby said...

David,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Though I am totally against the war it is good to be reminded why I feel that way. I'm leaving the webpage up for the family I live with who supports the war. I hope they look at the images to put faces with the killings that will continue whether we stick out the stay in Iraq or pull out. These images show a tiny piece of the current situation that the United States and other supporters have created.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home