Tuesday, August 16, 2005

7s to Everything!

7s to everything from here on out!

My first official bitter entry from NYC.

I didn't get the apartment after all. I have to wait one more day until I find out about the other place, but I know I shouldn't have elevated my hopes so high with this place. 7s to everything.

Luckily I was near a Barnes & Noble and with head bowed as tears already welling (so dramatic, I love it) I rushed through stalled NY traffic across the street and inside.

I couldn't find the book I needed so I was forced to inquire with a clerk about its location, who was of course the most novice of store clerks and needed to employ the assistance of so many people that soon the entire store knew some fag up front was desperately seeking a copy of StarStruck.

They had it though; and before my lashes would allow such tears to unleash down my cheeks I ripped open to its first pages.

(PS-I love that since I'm feverishly typing everyone assumes I'm doing very important business-type work and always apologizes several times before and after interrupting my very important business-type work)

But I digress...

Gloriously Star awakens in a hotel, not realizing where she is, yet noticing that somehow she has found herself on top a dresser, with gun in hand, and wearing nothing but a pair of leather Gucci boots. (All this in half a page.)

My smile was immediately conspicuous and mood effusive and soon someone else had come and picked up the book.

(Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd - and speaking of crowds, it turns out at lunch today at B&N Frank Miller was present signing Sin City DVD's. Unfortunately for Frank and myself, my lunch was over, the line weaved tightly around the block, and I preferred the bare exploits of Pamela at this point.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home