Monday, September 12, 2005

Slumbering With the Enemy















My roommate asked me about my blog yesterday morning.

He wouldn't have known anything about it had someone, whom I'll secretly name Jasper, not been drinking so much. One would think with his big lips he'd be able to keep his mouth shut a little better...

I can't place all the blame on Jasper though. My roommate did begin yesterday by asking me why I had saved so many images of sprinkle donuts (see Carboxyhemoglobin) and the Golden Girls (see My Own Private Golden Girl) on his computer desktop.

I suppose I should have covered my tracks a little better.

I explained, probably not very convincingly, that I was simply a fan of sprinkle donuts and the Golden Girls and felt the need to download photos of them. Logical, right?

By using his computer I'm also leaving a small digital history that I'm sure he'll probably find at some point. So what do I do? In fact, what do I even think?

I honestly never should have told anyone in NYC about this blog, considering they're the ones I write about. Then I could proceed with any random acts of debauchery I see fit and no one would be the wiser or the harmed by it.

I will say though that I am attracted to him. That I can't deny. Perhaps it's the mere fact that we barely know each other and we just signed a one-year lease together in a tiny apartment that is holding me back. Yeah, that could make for some tricky situations.

Then there was this morning.

I had to be up at 6am for this early morning Soros gig. He had to work late last night so I assumed he wouldn't be up for a while and therefore I freely wandered the apartment sometimes in towel, sometimes not. It's hot here, you know.

As I was heading to my room to actually clothe myself, only half-toweled at the time, I caught his head peeking out from his slightly ajar door.

It was too quick to tell if he was just beginning to open his door or if perhaps he had been staring out the crack of his door at the crack in my ass for some time.

It was a slightly awkward moment that I laughed off knowing I could freely write about it now.

In addition, if I let him in on the blog then I would have to stop writing about him and that would take away the single element of drama I have going for me right now. So it ain't happening.

Let's just pray I can hold him off for a while; and that if anything does happen between us, it doesn't get complicated.

Two gay men together in a small apartment in NYC - how could that ever get complicated?

(And I wouldn't really considered him the 'enemy' - he's barely that retentive with his towels and soup cans. If anything he's the Julie Roberts character, especially considering his insistence on flossing with the bathroom door closed...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home