Thursday, August 04, 2005

Fame















As part of my NY adventure I've been forced to take up temp-work (a most horrid endeavor) and currently am midway through another set of bland administrative days, struggling to find real work in the city.

In turn, as part of my current temp/4th-layer-of-hell gig I am required to relieve the receptionist at lunch, ignore the incessant phone and people requesting crap, and proceed to simply continue blogging like I'm doing now.

I just noticed as well, that because I'm new, the receptionist has placed my name on a post-it at her desk, then must have forgotten the post-it because there was a second one in her writing.

Even better, the replacement receptionist for today seems to have done the same thing so now my name appears on four separate post-its along the desk.

Well I didn't think that was enough, and at least felt the need to give the illusion of obsession over disorderliness - for their sake - so I added four more.

It made the day seem a little more worthwhile.

A little piece of fame in an otherwise grim setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home